Everyone knows how beneficial Turmeric is for body and mind?! If you aren’t a big fan of curries then this recipe below is ideal to ensure you get your daily health giving boost of this wonderful spice. For many articles on the benefits of Turmeric please TURMERIC FOR HEALTH
- 1/2 cup organic turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper – grind this fresh from the peppermill
- 5 tablespoons virgin organic coconut oil
- In a stainless steel pot, cook the water, turmeric, and black pepper until it forms a thick paste, stirring and cooking for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add virgin coconut oil, using a whisk to fully mix in the coconut oil.
- Transfer the Golden Paste into a glass jar with a lid, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- You will use this paste to make your Golden Milk below.
- 1 teaspoon Golden Paste
- 2 cups coconut milk or almond or hemp or rice or oat
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Raw honey/maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- In a stainless steel pot, gently heat, but do not boil, 2 cups of milk with 1 teaspoon of golden paste.
- A whisk is helpful to fully mix the paste into the milk.
- Add optional natural vanilla extract, honey , and/or cinnamon.