- There is much evidence to suggest that children benefit greatly from being taught yoga and mindfulness and being given advice on how to look after their wellbeing in a school environment. It improves attention and attainment, reduces absenteeism and leads to a more harmonious environment in school. It is also helpful if teachers have experience and knowledge of these subjects to be able to encourage children to learn about the importance of looking after themselves physically, mentally and emotionally by eating healthy food and learning about their bodies and how they work and by being mindful.
I am available with a team of instructors and therapists for Primary, Middle or Senior School, College or University students or staff for :
- WELLBEING DAY – staff or pupils choose any number of workshops to participate in together or try taster treatments
- ONE OFF WORKSHOPS – for a particular year group or staff team or common health issue
- BEGINNERS 10 WEEK INTRODUCTORY PROGRAMME – yoga, pilates, tai chi, qi gong, mindfulness, personal protection training etc
Examples of sessions include:
- Tai Chi
- Natural remedies for minor illness
- Qi Gong
- Indian Head Massage
- Self Defence
- Dance, including belly dancing, ballet, zumba and latin
For more information please email me email@example.com or call me on 07770766744
Read some interesting articles here for more information :
- The benefits of teaching yoga in schools click here
- Positive psychological effects on teenagers from yoga click here
- How teachers benefit from yoga in the classroom click here
- The Guardian on meditation benefits in schools
I have worked with many many schools and colleges in Suffolk including Culford, King Edward VIth, County Upper, St Benedict’s, Thurston Community College, St Louis, Westley, Blackbourne Middles and lots of Primary Schools too!
I can provide testimonials if required.
All staff are CRB Enhanced Disclosure, fully Insured and qualified and experienced to the highest standards.